India is a country blessed with multiple colors, traditions and cultures. If you have decided to visit India then there are several things to look out for in this incredible country. Have a look at some popular tourism destinations that offers value for money.
Value for money places to travel to in India – Cheap destinations for backpacking
Gokarna Beach is often called ‘jannat’. It is a small and holy town located in northern Karnataka. Gokarna has India’s most secluded and pristine beaches. Kudle Beach, Om Beach, Half-moon Beach, and Paradise Beach are some of them. During the night, the beaches in Gokarna are alive with singing and dancing around bonfires. Gokarna means ‘cow’s ear’. It is believed that Lord Shiva appeared here in the form of a Shiva Linga out of the ear of a cow. This cow is believed to be a manifestation of Prithvi, or Mother Earth.
- How to go- Gokarna can be reached by bus or train. Dabolim is the nearest airport and Gokarna road is the nearest railway station.
- Best time to go. I would suggest you to visit the place between October and March.
Dharamshala is combination of two words Dharam + Shala, which means spiritual dwellings.
The mesmerizing Kangra Valley is a spot to treasure for your lifetime. The quaint sight of the place might captivate you, making you fall in love with the snow covered Dharamshala. This mountain town is famous for having the headquarters of the Tibetan Government-In-Exile and its leader, the Dalai Lama. In the 7th Century, this area was portion of Tibet. Dharamsala exactly means: a Pilgrims accommodation next to a Temple.
- How to reach- By Air – Nearest Airport Gaggla, by railways – Nearest Railway station Pathankot, by Bus:-HRTC buses ply between Delhi-Dharamsala.
- Best time to go. Winters are the best time to visit.
The sea beaches around Pondicherry attract visitors. You will be surprised to know that the calm beach in Pondicherry has witnessed battles between the French and the British. Pondicherry offers Churches, the Temples, and the Mosques for visitors with different religious backgrounds. Each offers their respect to their belief.
- How to reach- The airport at Pondicherry can accommodate landing of a small aircraft only. You can go by train or by car easily from Bangalore as well as chennai
- Best time to go- October to March can be considered as an ideal time to visit.
Hampi, in Karnataka, obliges as one of the significant spiritual hubs of India. The city, located along the banks of Tungabhadra, is one of the finest places to go for a holiday if you are outing at the South of India. Another major attraction of Hampi is the stepped water tank near the underground temple. Adorned with majestic hills and valleys it houses more than 500 monuments, which are listed as ”Group of Monuments at Hampi”, by UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- How to reach- The nearest town to Hampi is HOSPET. Hospet is connected by rail and road to Bangalore, Hyderabad, Hubli, Goa, Chennai and Mumbai.
- Best time to go- The preeminent time to visit Hampi is between Octobers to March when the freshness in the air helps you take a comprehensive trip of this hamlet.
Kanyakumari is a celebrated and well-known district in India. A visit to the destination will leave you enthralled. You would realize that Kanyakumari has more to offer than just a few famous attractions. It is the holy meeting point of the Bay of Bengal, the Arabian Sea and the Indian Ocean. Also called as Cape Comorin, Kanyakumari was once ruled by the Cheras, Cholas and the Pandyas. Kanyakumari is also renowned for its fantastic sunrises and sunsets, particularly on full moon days.
- How to go- The nearest airport to Kanyakumari is the Trivandrum International Airport. Likewise, there are direct trains from New Delhi to Kanyakumari. Kanyakumari is well linked by regular bus services with major cities of India.
- Best time to go- Kanyakumari can be visited anytime in a year except the monsoon months of July and August.
Gangtok strikes as a quaint and serene place. It owns the ambiance of snow clad peaks, attractive Buddhist monasteries and stunning hill sides with intense back drop. Unquestionably, Sikkim is gorgeous state awarded with splendid natural grandeur. Nestled in the high hills, Gangtok is a part of the Lower Himalayas and gets its name from this location itself, which means hillside. Gangtok is surrounded by some of the most surreal, pristine, and sublime places, which definitely deserve your visit.
- How to go- The nearest airport is in Bagdogra, West Bengal. From Bagdogra Airport, vehicles/taxis can be hired from the pre-paid taxi counter to reach Gangtok.
- Best time to go- Gangtok can be visited in two main seasons, from October to mid-December and between Marchs to May.
Delhi, the capital city of India, is an important tourist place to visit in India. It owes an ironic ethnic legacy, splendid history, human and traditional variety. An amazing assortment of antique appeal and innovation makes this place unique. Whether it is the Purana Quila, Qutab Minar or Humayun’s tomb, the city has old and new historical monuments that notify many stories. Delhi is factually and ethnically associated to both Top Doab of the Yamuna-Ganges River, stream frame and the Punjab district.
- How to go- Being the capital of India, Delhi is well linked by means of air, railways and roads with all main cities across India. For a relaxed trip, you can take a flight to Delhi. Indira Gandhi International Airport is just 20 km away from the city midpoint.
- Best time to go- The best time to visit Delhi is from October to March when the weather is at its best.
Sarnath is a popular place in Varanasi and it is the place to go for societies like Hindu, Buddha and Jain. Visit the place to calm your senses! Worshipers flock to Varanasi to perform the ritual morning bathing in the sacred waters of the Ganges River. Apart from the common Delhi to Varanasi flights used by tourists and seasonal travellers, most followers visit the divine city by trains from other portions of the nation during the festive time of year.
- How to go- Well- connected to all major cities by air, rails and roads.
- Best time to go- If you desire to experience the actual mystical ecstasy of Varanasi, then make sure you plan your trip between October and March.
To experience a sunset that will be etched in your memory, visit the tranquil Alleppey Beach. At Alleppey Beach you can witness rippling blue waves kissing the pristine palm-fringed beach. The tangerine sun setting in the background offers a beautiful postcard like setting. Alleppey is a historic place and it gained prominence as early as the Sangam age. A beautiful network of tranquil lagoons, waterways, and canals, Alleppey is the gateway to Kerala’s famous backwaters. Alleppey is every foodie’s, especially seafood lovers’ paradise!
- How to go- One can reach Alleppey by air, as the closest airport is located at Kochi, which is just at a distance of 66 kms. This place is well connected by Railways. There are regular bus services to Alleppey, and it has a well-developed road network.
- Best time to go- Weather is wonderful during months between Novembers to February.
Absolute eye candy for monument and heritage lovers! Most famous for the Golden Temple, Amritsar boasts of innumerable enticing Gurudwaras. Moreover, the enchanting Mandirs here can never be duplicated. Other attractions worth experiencing include the maze-like Hindu cave temple called Mata Temple and the Summer Palace of Maharaja Ranjit Singh, ideally located within the scenic Ram Bagh Park. This is the most sacred shrine for Sikhs and the town is founded by Guru Ram Das, the fourth Sikh guru.
- How to go – Amritsar is well connected by road and rail from neighboring states. There are daily trains connecting it to the various parts of the country. You can also land on Raja Sansi International Airport.
- Best time to go- The best time to visit Amritsar is between November and March, when the weather is perfect for exploration.
India captivates explorers with its distinct ethnic and topographical features. There is a number of stimulating tourism destinations which can be visited. And above, it would be really gratifying experience to lookout these travel destinations.