After the great gala of wedding, each and every newly wedded couple eagerly awaits for their dream honey moon. After the colorful and hectic ceremonies of wedding, honeymoon is the eventual period for the newly married couple. You can unwind and figure out each other in a healthier way. Take a peek into the places to adore during this time.
Best honeymoon places in India – Couple Travel Destinations India
Want to enjoy beach honeymoon? Goa is the most astounding tourism destination where couples can enjoy time of intimacy. Fun-filled water sports here share the love and romance. Goa is aptly referred as the beach capital of India because of its 125 km shoreline which is dotted with number of serene and scenic beaches. Apart from the beaches Goa is also famous for its magnificent churches, temples and forts which are the living testimony of the Portuguese.
- How to reach? The main railway station is known as Madgaon and Vasco-da-gama. These railway stations are well connected with Mumbai and other chief portions of the nation as well.
- Best time to go? There is no specific season to visit Goa. You can have fun at all times!
Alleppey is much known among newlywed couples with opportunity to houseboat stay. Beaches, backwaters and houseboats make Alleppey a preferred destination for honeymooners. With the Arabian Sea on the west and the vast network of lakes, lagoons and fresh water rivers crisscrossing it, Alleppey is a hub of immense natural beauty. Staying at luxury houseboats of Alleppey backwaters is itself a romantic experience for honeymooning couples. You can even club Alleppey with Munnar which is a beautiful hill station in Kerela
- How to reach? The Cochin International Airport is the nearest airport. Moreover, the Alleppey Railway Station is sited about 4 km away from the city epicenter and links Alleppey to other main cities.
- Best time to go? You would fall in love with the place in summers!
Honeymooning vacation in Shimla or Manali can be one event of your life that you will never forget. When you will patrol these quaint hill towns you will have splendid flash to steal some dreamy moments together with your spouse. Those who want to enjoy beautiful scenery and marvelous sights can hop on the rail link which covers plenty of mountains and tunnels in its way. Some of the best tourist destinations worth visiting in Shimla during honeymoon are the Ridge, the Mall, the Christ church, the Kali Bari temple, the Shimla state museum and the Tara Devi temple.
- How to reach? Tourist arrives at Shimla by toy train or by bus from Delhi, Chandigarh, and Kalka etc. After staying one day or half day at Shimla you can start for Manali.
- Best time to go? December to March would be just perfect!
Planning to give a fresh and romantic start to your newly married life? Plan a honeymoon tour to Kashmir with your spouse, and breathe the finest moments of your lifetime. If you want to avail the best Kashmir Honeymoon tour package, get in touch with a reputed tour operator soon. A renowned tour operator could even arrange for you customized Kashmir tour package fitting your budget and your other requirements. A popular destination, close to Srinagar, is Gulmarg that is named after the valley of flowers.
- How to reach? You can land at Sheikh ul Alam Airport or take a train to Jammu Tawi or Udhampur railway station.
- Best time to go? You can hit the refreshing place in the period of April-October
Situated in the lap of the lofty Kanchanjunga, Darjeeling is globally acclaimed as Queen of Hills. The heavenly surrounding with immortal pine trees, blooming rhododendron florae locally so-called -Gurash. With picturesque country side, mist pecked emerald green hills and tea gardens, Darjeeling is a scene to believe. One can get a clear view of the world’s third mightiest and highest mountainous snow peaks, Kanchenjunga, from the town on a sunny day.
- How to reach? The nearest airport to Darjeeling is Bagdogra. From the airport, one can reach the city by hiring taxis.
- Best time to go? March-June is the delightful months to visit the place.
Planning a honeymoon tour in India? Well, one of the most remarkable preferences is Andaman and Nicobar Islands. Gorgeous green surroundings, limitless blue sky, mesmerizing sea and swaying palm trees! Squeaky clean surroundings, fresh air and pleasant climate, you have so much to enjoy here with your spouse. Crescent shaped beaches decorated with groves of palm, greenery and marine life will en-kindle your love and passion for other half. Along with serene and scenic natural beauty, tourists can also enjoy several adventure sports activities during their visit to this place.
- How to reach? The Port Blair Airport is the main airport linking the place with rest of world. Above and beyond, sea-lovers can book their tickets in one of the traveler ships that cruise on a steady basis to Port Blair.
- Best time to go? October- May would be most suitable. At this time you can participate in annual tourist festival as well.
Udaipur is enriched with beautiful culture and a lot of other things. It promises an absolutely royal honeymoon for the newlyweds. The city of lakes is really a perfect place for you and your spouse. Sahiliyo ki Bari here is an ancient garden which was designed by King Maharana Pratap for his beloved Queens. Likewise, the puppet show is one of the old folk Art of Rajasthan People and famous all across the globe. The city is prominent by the name of the ‘City of Dawn’.
- How to reach? Maharana Pratap or Dabok Airport is located at a distance of 22 km from the city of Udaipur. The town has its own Railway Station named as Udaipur Railway Station.
- Best time to go? November-February marks to be supreme owing to the pleasant climate.
Shillong is one of the amiable places located in in the Northeastern India. The capital city of Meghalaya grasps the enchanted power of appealing one’s body and mind. The superb apparitions of rows of pine trees, lush hills and quaint cottages are the best of its kind in India. It resembles the highlands of Scotland with its natural splendor and thus was named ‘Scotland of the East’ by the Britishers.
- How to reach? There is no access of railway lines in Meghalaya. You will need to travel by road after reaching Guwahati railway station.
- Best time to go? The place under the bright sky, welcomes tourist all the year round but the actual charm lies in traveling during anytime between March to April and October to November.
Explore the romantic ambience and picturesque views! Nainital is a magnificent hill station famous for honeymoon destination of India. The place holds a mythological importance too. You can go and visit Nainital Lake, which is basically a crescent-shaped water body with natural freshwater. It is also gaining popularity amongst tourists for its cable car rides and boat rides. Nainital is quite a popular destination for shopping and offers many options to visitors.
- How to reach? The adjacent railway station is positioned at a distance of 34 kilometres at Kathgodham, at the slopes of the Kumaon hills. Kathgodam railway station enjoys decent connectivity to all significant places in India.
- Best time to go? The best time to visit the place is between April to June and then again in September and October.
Kodaikanal is perched on Upper Palani Hills in Tamil Nadu. Witness the breathtaking beauty of blossoming gardens and breezy atmosphere! Needless to mention that Kodaikanal is a summer retreat for honeymoon travelers, who finds the place a heaven to escape from the daily monotony. Kodaikanal literally means the Gift of the Forest and this exquisite south Indian hill station lives up to its name. From the archetypical sunset and sunrise points to hidden trekking trails to exotic cheeses and chocolates, at Kodaikanal, there’s something for everyone.
- How to reach? The airport nearest to Kodaikanal is Madurai. Kodaikanal has the nearest rail head at Kodai road, located 80km from Kodaikanal.
- Best time to go? September is a great month to travel because it doesn’t rain much and the weather is ideal for sightseeing.
Honeymoon moments are really the most prized loving moments of life. Visit these places and these jiffies will assuredly linger into the mind and soul for rest of your life.