Adventure Activities in India
The distinct earthly specifics of India offer indulgence of the bold happenings in India . This country grants a very calm spell of spree to high and bold adventure activities for everyone, whether you are looking for best adventure trips for couples or planning a solo trip or even planning an adventure trip with your family. Along with the delight and exhilaration the adventurous sports are greatest way to get close to Mother Nature. If you are an adventure fan, take pleasure in the trance and enthusiasm of exploring the following destinations.
Adventurous holiday destinations in India—Adventure tourist Places
Want to soar high like a bird? Go ahead with Paragliding in Billing or Bir. They are located at Kangra Valley in Himachal Pradesh. Billing or Bir are India’s most suitable places for paragliding and hand gliding.
• How to reach- The nearest broad gauge railhead is Pathankot. And above, you can hire a bus/ taxi or TOY TRAIN RIDE.
• When to go- The ideal time for flying is March to May.
The rafting capital of India offers you a plethora of avenues to test your rafting skills. The Yoga capital of India, surrounded by the Shivalik mountain ranges is origin of the Char Dham pilgrimage.
• How to reach- Jolly Grant airport at Dehradun is the nearest airport. And more, it is connected by a good network of buses.
• When to go- Best time to visit is from early March – April to first week of May.
Manali Leh Highway
Manali Leh highway by Travel Jaunts
Nothing can beat the breath-taking experience of exploring the roadways between the two hilly destinations- Manali and Leh! A biking trip on this road is a must do in an adventurous person’s list.
• How to reach- You can arrange your own touring path or join any motorcycle expedition.
• When to go- May and June are the peak season for a road trip.
Fond of exploring caves- Established among the waterfalls and green forests, Meghalaya offers wonderful opportunities for caving.
• How to reach- No rail lines! Nearest railway station is Guwahati, Assam. After this, Meghalaya is accessible through roads.
• When to go – Visit any time in summers or winters but not during monsoons!
Chadar Trek, Ladakh
Does the term ‘trekking ’excite you? Then trek along the frozen river of Zanskar! This is the Chadar trek. Trekking along the ice turned water could be pretty intimidating and breathe taking at the same time. A bit of risk seems worth it! Isn’t it?
• How to reach- Leh is the nearest airport. Taxis are easily available from Leh to reach Zanskar.
• When to go – Every year during January and February.
Fancy water sports? Explore some of the best underwater dives, snorkels and maritime sports activities! Andaman is an association of coral islands. Make sure to stop by serene and secluded beaches, and stunning waterfalls.
• How to reach- Port Blair, Andaman’s gate way is well connected by air and sea to India’s major cities.
• When to go – The annual tourism festival takes place between October and May.
Does your world orbit around adventure? Then push your adrenaline level into high gear by indulging in amazing water adventure sports in Goa! Let you lose in the pristine beaches or night rave parties and go back home completely revived!
• How to reach- Nearest international airport is Dabolim, while the railway station is Margao. Well connected by air/rail/ and roads!
• When to go – All seasons are best seasons!
Are you a wildlife lover? Catch a glimpse of majestic Tigers. Exploring the nature reserves of Kanha, Pench and Bandhavgarh National Parks! The package tours cover all aspects of travel arrangements, hotel accommodations, and food services. The tour companies also arrange local sightseeing and tiger safaris.
• How to reach – You can board a flight to the nearest airport – Jabalpur.
• When to go – As per the climate of Central part of India, the peak season is during winters which are October to March.
Sandakphu / Goecha La
Do you fascinate trekking? If yes, then Sikkim is the place for you! Sikkim has distinct trekking destinations that are well-known for their scenic beauty and serenity. Positioned in Sikkim, Goecha La trek is the fantasy and desire of the adventure devotees all over the country! Some places of interest are Sandakphu – Phalut, Raman – Rimbik, Gairibas – Sandakphu and many more.
• How to reach – The beautiful Goechala trek commences from New Jalpaiguri Station.
• When to go – The best time to hit the hiking trails of Goechala is in the summer season.
Magical flower meadows, snow clad mountains, enchanting valleys, and lovely landscapes with thrilling adventure sports. Gulmarg is one such place in the state of Jammu & Kashmir that offers something or the other for all kinds of tourists with varying tastes. It offers excellent bases for trekking, skiing or horse riding.
• How to reach- Gulmarg is at a distance of approx 1 hr from Srinagar. You can reach srinagar by air or by car from Delhi as well as Jammu.
• When to go- Skiing, snowboarding options are excellent during the time when winters begin to creep in the month of October and November.
If adventure is what you appreciate and breath for, then welcome to the holiday of a lifetime. India with its comprehensive and assorted geography offers a large number of adventure choices.